E-mail MeErin C. Murphy
Erin is a partner with Lee Murphy Law Firm, in Houston, Texas. At Lee Murphy, Erin manages the firm's nationwide pharmaceutical drug, medical device and mass tort pre-litigation dockets and a large staff of attorneys, nurses, doctors, and client-support personnel. Currently, Erin's focus is on the devastating effects that pelvic organ repair mesh and slings have on women.
Erin has spent her entire legal career representing plaintiffs in Texas and throughout the United States of America. Prior to forming Lee Murphy, Erin spent a number of years as an attorney with the Houston-based law firms of Clark, Burnett, Love & Lee, G.P. and The Mostyn Law Firm. As a trial lawyer, Erin has participated in the litigation and resolution of claims for thousands of plaintiffs in both state and federal courts and has gained considerable experience in the fields of consumer law, insurance law and complex commercial litigation.
Erin was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and grew up in Houston. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Stephen F. Austin State University, followed by her Doctor of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law, where she was a member of the storied varsity moot court and mock trial teams under the direction of Dean T. Gerald Treece.
In addition to her law practice, Erin has lectured on a number of topics and has authored a number of articles for organizations such as the Texas Trial Lawyer Association, the University of Texas CLE, and the Jefferson County Bar Association. Erin is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, where she serves on the Board of Directors and is a member of the Continuing Legal Education Committee. Erin is also a member of the College of the State Bar of Texas.
Erin is licensed to practice law by the Supreme Court of Texas and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas. Erin also has experience practicing before the American Arbitration Association and the Texas Judicial Panel of Multidistrict Litigation.
In addition to her law practice, Erin is a Life Member of the SFA Alumni Association and a member of the Beta Zeta Beta Alumnae Chapter of Alpha Chi Omega. Erin and her husband Justin R. Goodman, a partner in the Houston law firm of Lubel Voyles, L.L.P., have one daughter.
Areas of Practice
- 40% Pharmaceutical/ Drug Litigation
- 40% Medical Device Litigation
- 10% Wrongful Death
- 5% Catastrophic Personal Injury
- 5% Bad Faith Insurance
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2005
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- Honors: Member, Moot Court
- Honors: Mock Trial Teams under the direction of Dean T. Gerald Treece
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas
- B.S. - 2000
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Speech Communication
- The Art of Mass Tort Intake, TTLA, 2011
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Litigation, TTLA, UT CLE, Jefferson City Bar Association, 2003 - 2007
Honors and Awards
- Member, Beta Zeta Beta Alumnae Chapter of Alpha Chi Omega
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Continuing Legal Education Committee
- American Arbitration Association
- SFA Alumni Association, Life Member
- American Association for Justice
- The College of the State Bar of Texas , Member, 2013 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Clark, Burnett, Love & Lee (Clark, Dean, Burnett), Attorney, 2008 - 2011
- The Mostyn Law Firm, Attorney, 2003 - 2008
- Alpha Chi Omega